Monday 28 November 2011

Trash art

Last week on the path we found a key. It was old, rusted, lost a long time ago. My first reaction was to throw it away. But as I looked closely, I thought how it would look if I stitched it on the front of a leather notebook, with the notebook sealed by another means. I won't have any other decoration on the book, just a key that doesn't turn a lock.

This week, look for materials on the ground. What items look like trash, but really will make a great piece of art? Fabric scraps? Plastic? Wood? Metal? Powerstation beach might be a good hunting ground.

There are so many hundreds of art sites you can explore. A couple of good ones to get you thinking about combining found objects is An Artist's Journal and The Erosion Bundle Project.

Take photographs of your creations and let's put them on this site.

I'd love to create an inflatable bag monster. Simple and brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment